To register for this course, please click here and search for the course.
The 3-hour Scrum Factory aims to increase the number of players able to play in the scrum, particularly the front row. The course is designed to help coaches and players to understand individual and collective techniques, as well as position specific conditioning.
Meaningful sessions can be delivered regardless of numbers attending training and with minimal equipment and expense to the club or school.
The Scrum Factory aims to increase the number of players able to play in the scrum effectively and safely, particularly the front row.
By helping coaches and players to understand individual and collective techniques required, together with position specific conditioning, this 2.5 hour practical course covers physical preparation, body management and body shape.
The course is suitable for coaches of both genders and players of all levels and age groups.
Specifically trained scrum developers will demonstrate a range of practices and encourage coaches and players to develop their knowledge and understanding of the scrum.
The course will:
• Challenge traditional methods of scrum coaching which may be predominantly machine based.
• Emphasise the value of innovative coaching.
• Emphasise the value of creating peer coaching groups.
• Challenge how and why coaches identify and select players to play within the scrum.
• Emphasise the value and benefits of all players being coached on individual body posture.
A Safe Focus:
• Promote safe and effective scrummaging as an integral part of the game.
• Demonstrate good practice and underline recent developments in scrummage coaching.
• Increase coaches confidence in coaching the scrum.
• Hone the core skills required to develop and maintain safe, effective scrummaging.
• Develop clear, objective and focussed observation and technical fault correction.
Visit the online course booking system to secure your place now.